Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gillians moving up ceremony





I am sure anyone reading this is in shock that I am actually doing a blog!! Miracles do happen.
So I have promised Mark that I will be better at keeping a blog and keeping him up to date with all the things the girls and I are doing this summer. So what better day to start than Gillian's pre-school graduation. I can't believe that she is going to be in kindergarten next school year. I think I look forward to it and at the same time it will be interesting to have both children gone at school all day. I guess It would be a good time for me to start getting a life.
Anyway today was Gillian's "graduation" and the ceremony had started. The kids were being called up one by one and what happens when it's Gillian's turn? Well at the precise moment she was called up her name tag on her chair came of, she looks at me like her world had ended and she didn't know what to do. She is just staring at me the teacher and all the kids keep calling her name to go up to the front of the class. She just sits there paralyzed and big tears start to well up in her eyes. I keep reassuring her that it will be OK that her name tag came off her chair. my reassurances were obviously not good enough. the teacher had to come over with tape and put her name tag on her chair before she would go up in front of the class. then when she gets up there my camera freezes and I miss the picture well sort of. Anyway always an adventure when it concerns Gillian. Over all it was really fun to watch her moving on to the big time.


1 comment:

Jackie and Kirk said...

I am in total shock!! Gillian is adorable...and I can't wait to see more posts from the Jansson family this summer!!